Kitchen/ Deli Prep
The Kitchen / Deli Prep will be responsible for cooking items for the kitchen and deli department. The Kitchen / Deli Prep collaborates with the Chef to ensure all recipes and menu items are prepared to World Foods standards. The Kitchen / Deli Prep follows recipes to create food that fall in line with World Foods international/local concepts.
Bringing the world to its local, diverse mix of clientele, World Foods is delivering a unique shopping experience by stocking stores with goods from all over the globe with a focus on Europe and the Middle East. Customers to World Food’s Barbur and new Pearl District locations quickly come to appreciate the vast selection of products complimented by a shopping experience that harkens back to the local grocer—offering a warm and friendly welcome complemented with a zeal to share samples of new and delicious products and cuisine.
Schedule: 40 hrs/week, available nights, weekends and holidays
- Assist in the preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Chop vegetables, make soups & salads, and put together entrees.
- Fulfill customer made-to-order meals in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes.
- Offer customer service to all customers and guests of the store as needed.
- Store leftover food and product properly and safely.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Ensure that work area is neat and clean at all times. Keep all food preparation equipment clean.
- Assist other team members in keeping the kitchen clean and stocked.
- Follow established cleaning and sanitizing practices as outlined by the Chef, including using proper safety equipment when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Backup other kitchen personnel to ensure smooth kitchen operations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience of at least 3 months is preferred.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Moderate reading and writing skills.
- Knowledge of food production techniques and tools to produce food, especially in international cuisine.
- Ability to use kitchen equipment (i.e. oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, mixer, etc.).
- The ability to work flexible work hours in order to meet business need.
- Ability to work independently and have a high level of urgency in their work.
- Must possess a valid Food Handlers’ card.
- The ability to follow established food production programs and procedures.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Constant standing, reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, pushing, and pulling items weighing 50 pounds or less.