Full-Time Prep Cook
Ya Hala, a family-owned, neighborhood restaurant specializing in the finest traditional Lebanese cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients, is looking for a full-time prep cook with a proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Ya Hala is committed to treating each of our guests as family. The Kitchen Prep Cook will be responsible for cooking items for the kitchen. The Kitchen Prep Cook collaborates with the Chef to ensure all recipes and menu items are prepared to standards. Applicants need to have a flexible schedule, be open to adapting to the varying needs of the restaurant, and be available to work Friday, Saturday, lunch and dinner shifts.
- Assist in the preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Fulfill customer made-to-order meals in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes.
- Store leftover food and product properly and safely.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Ensure that work area is neat and clean at all times. Keep all food preparation equipment clean.
- Assist other team members in keeping the kitchen clean and stocked.
- Follow established cleaning and sanitizing practices as outlined by the Chef, including using proper safety equipment when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Backup other kitchen personnel to ensure smooth kitchen operations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience of at least 1 year is preferred.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Moderate reading and writing skills.
- Knowledge of food production techniques and tools to produce food, especially in international cuisine.
- Ability to use kitchen equipment (i.e. oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, mixer, etc.).
- The ability to work flexible work hours in order to meet business need.
- Ability to work independently and have a high level of urgency in their work.
- Must possess a valid Food Handlers’ card.
- The ability to follow established food production programs and procedures.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Constant standing, reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, pushing, and pulling items weighing 50 pounds or less.