Deli Service Clerk for Everett Location
The Deli Service Clerk plays a very vital role in providing the best in customer service to all those that come into the store. The Deli Service Clerk is a friendly and enthusiastic individual with a passion for quality food and service. Responsible for interacting and serving customers in a fast paced environment. Responsible for working with the kitchen to keep the deli clean, stocked and looking delicious and presentable.
Bringing the world to its local, diverse mix of clientele, World Foods is delivering a unique shopping experience by stocking stores with goods from all over the globe with a focus on Europe and the Middle East. Customers quickly come to appreciate the vast selection of products complimented by a shopping experience that harkens back to the local grocer—offering a warm and friendly welcome complemented with a zeal to share samples of new and delicious products and cuisine.
Schedule: Shifts will include nights, weekends and holidays
- Ensure customer satisfaction by getting exactly what each customer wants.
- Graciously greet all customers that are near the deli service case.
- Fill the customer’s request in a friendly, promote, and accurate manner and help them by suggesting additional popular items for them to purchase.
- Act in an urgent manner to get all customers their product in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Stay educated on all deli case products.
- Keep deli case well stocked.
- Ensure all chilled foods are kept out of the danger zone by minimizing the amount of time product is out of refrigeration.
- Prepare, slice, wrap, weigh, price, and merchandise store’s products.
- Hand out food samples and recommend additional items to customers.
- Work with fryers, slicers, and other food preparation equipment to prepare food.
- Assist other team members in keeping the deli clean and stocked. (ie., Deli cases, glass windows and floors)
- Follow established cleaning and sanitizing practices as outlined by the Deli Manager, including using proper safety equipment when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Ensure the deli area behind the service case is clean and presentable to customers.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High School education preferred of equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work experience in a store or restaurant is preferred.
- Strong work ethic.
- The ability to work flexible hours in order to meet business need.
- Must possess a valid Food Handlers’ card.
- Must have a high level of urgency in their work to meet customer demands.
- The ability to stand and walk for entire shift.
- The ability to lift and carry food weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and lifting.