In 1929, Rose Biggi started Beaverton Foods in the cellar of her farmhouse. To help endure the Great Depression, she began grinding her horseradish crop, bottling it, and selling it to local grocery stores. Through her hard work and perseverance, she built the foundation for the largest specialty condiment manufacturer in the United States. Beaverton Foods has an international reputation for manufacturing quality products and the development of innovative condiment flavors. In the past decade, our mustards have received over one hundred certificates of excellence and awards for quality - more than all other mustard manufactures combined.
We are looking for a motivated employee to provide QA support. This employee will also support daily production with a strong presence on the production floor to maintain established company standards at our Hillsboro, OR manufacturing facility.
Required Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Maintain plant, local, state and federal records and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate test results
- Maintain plant testing equipment such as pipettes, pH meters, scales, titration equipment, thermometers, etc.
- Prepare and ship samples for analysis
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Perform production line checks
- Manage laboratory supplies
- Independently complete designated QA duties
- Reviewing and update procedures
- Must be flexible to perform other duties as necessary
- Conform to Good Laboratory Practices as well as Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Participate in quality control projects and/or initiatives, such as internal and external audits.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with regulatory and management policies.
- Education and Experience: An Associate of Science degree and experience in laboratory testing in three (3) out of the last ten (10) years or Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field or working towards a Bachelor of Science degree with relevant course work is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to utilize and apply concepts of basic algebra for practical application and solution of technical problems.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables, simultaneously.
- Computer skills: Ability to utilize computer programs such as MS EXCEL, MS WORD and the company’s proprietary software as it relates to Quality Assurance in a network environment.
- Other qualifications: Data entry skills, 10-key by touch and legible handwriting.
Capability Requirements / Physical Demands
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, cold and heat, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, except near the glass stands in the production area.
Proposed Work Hours
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand up to 8 hours per day.
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, reach, push, pull, bend, reach, climb or kneel.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- New hire can select the shift they prefer from the following:
- 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM (Monday – Thursday) or
- 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM (Monday – Thursday) & 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM on Fridays
We cover 100% of our employees’ group medical, dental insurance and life insurance premiums, extend benefit participation to employee dependents, offer a FSA, a 401(k) with company match and a generous PTO policy.