Renaissance Homes, a highly successful and award winning local builder, is looking for a full time, non-exempt, Land Acquisition Specialist to join their Lake Oswego office. Primary function of this position is to acquire building sites in desired areas through the purchase of finished lots, preliminary plats or development of raw land for future building and development.
This position provides a great opportunity for a recent graduate or someone looking to enter the home building, construction, and real estate industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify properties for purchase listed and unlisted.
- Initiate and drive lead generation; including but not limited to, cold calling and in person or written correspondence.
- Analyze value and the marketability of properties for residential construction.
- Proactively communicate with realtors, land owners, and developers regarding land acquisition.
- Assist in writing and tracking status of all lot offers.
- Track and ensure all important deadlines are met.
- Verify zoning, access, topography, utilities, market (ZATUM), soils, and land use.
- Maintain land acquisition forms of all current land leads.
- Maintain current title searches and records for purchased land.
- Assist with land purchasing including escrow, implementation of terms of sale agreement and addendum, resolving title issues, and closing.
- Coordinate property testing, surveying, deconstruction, and utility disconnect.
- Coordinate building permit submittal and pickup.
- Track and analysis of local home building and market trends.
- Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related preferred
- Strong communication and people skills
- Computer literate-Word/Excel/Internet research
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Work well under time and deadline pressures in fast paced environment and able to prioritize workload
- Cooperative and able to take direction easily
- Flexible, willing to work as needed or directed
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and be insurable.
About Renaissance Homes
A builder of choice in Portland, Oregon since 1984 Renaissance Homes specializes in building luxury homes in urban and suburban locations. Innovation is at the heart of every home built by Renaissance. We push the envelope on home design, construction techniques, amenities, style and new products. Renaissance’s is the proud winner of 40 Street of Dreams awards, including 6 Best of Show, more than any other builder, ever.
Our team dynamically pursues excellence, as we believe there is no finish line. We respect and nurture our team and empower each individual to optimize his or her energies, skills and talents.
- Potential for bonuses
- Medical and Dental coverage offered and paid at 100% for employee only, options for dependent coverage at employee’s expense
- Generous Paid Time off and paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) offered for health and dependent care expenses
- Employer paid employee Life Insurance and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Successful employment requires passing pre-employment background check.