Ya Hala - Busser (Part-Time)
8005 SE Stark Street
Portland, OR 97215
**Must be able to work Monday through Wednesday daytime.
Located on the outskirts of SE Portland, Ya Hala has been serving Portland’s finest Lebanese food since 1999. With a foundation in quality, tradition, and gathering, we provide our customers with an exceptional dining Lebanese experience.
Our principles are founded on enriching people’s lives with the food and service that demonstrates genuine warmth and Lebanese hospitality. Moreover, the quality of food is a reflection of our standards for having the finest Lebanese food in a city of exceptional restaurants. These values have allowed us to become a Portland staple for 17 years.
WORKING FOR YA HALA MEANS YOU WILL:
WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR BUSSER:
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the restaurant.
- Receive 50% off meals at Ya Hala.
- Flexible schedule with amazing managers.
- Pay based on your experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Personable with Customers: You are able to effectively make customers feel welcomed and accommodated.
- Learn Quickly: You are able to learn new processes and procedures quickly and consistently apply learned knowledge.
- Adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business and you adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Work Proactively: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Effectively Multi-Task: You are able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Provide Strong Customer Service: You are aware of, and go out of your way to help, customers.
- Promote Teamwork: You are able to work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Think Critically: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Communicate Effectively: You are able to write, speak, and understand English.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Ensure tables are cleared and wiped down promptly.
- Ensure tables are set up properly when required.
- Maintain clean and organized tables and work area.
- Provide support to servers and management during in-house events.
- Bring out food when needed.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Use full range of motion to and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 30 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.