World Foods (Barbur Location) - Delivery Driver
9845 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219
Since 2004, locally owned World Foods has provided our community with the best selection of international foods, local favorites, fresh produce, meat and seafood, Lebanese specialties and those from the Pacific Northwest.
OUR CORE VALUES
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS BARBUR MEANS YOU WILL:
- Integrity: We do what’s right for our customers, each other, and our business.
- Hospitality: We take pride in providing our customers with a warm and hospitable environment.
- Commitment: We are committed to supporting one another and adapting to business needs.
- Good Food: Our love of food is what makes us excited to go to work every day.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR DELIVERY DRIVER:
- Work in an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Immediately start accruing paid time off that can be used the first day after 90 days of employment.
- Receive compensation that is commensurate with your experience and the current job market.
- Be eligible to enroll in our 401(k) after one year of employment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As the Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for fulfilling the following job responsibilities:
- Professional Experience: You have at least one year of related experience, have a clean driving record with valid license and insurance.
- Team Player: You can work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately. This also means you’re able to work a varying schedule and communicate schedule changes with appropriate notice.
- Strong Communication Skills: You are able to receive, process, and/or share information with ease.
- Multi-Tasker: You are able to effectively prioritize which tasks need to be completed first.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Conduct inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods; report concerns and/or damage to direct supervisor immediately.
- Ensure all products are loaded into the truck(s) in a manner that is efficient, safe, and protects the products.
- Ensure all products are unloaded from the truck(s) in a manner that is efficient, safe, meets the needs of each locations, and protects the integrity of the products.
- Provide delivery invoice to assigned person at each location; ensure that invoice accurately reflects the order and report any discrepancies to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Obtain and retain signed delivery receipt; provide to supervisor or put in assigned location at the end of each shift.
- Follow assigned routes and ensure orders are delivered within the established time-frame; communicate delays in a timely manner.
- As needed or assigned, deliver catering items; obtain and retain catering receipt.
- Establish and maintain open and professional lines of communication with employees and management team members at each location.
- As needed, work in stores to process freight, stock shelves, or engage in other similar tasks as necessary.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Use full range of motion and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 80 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Have a current driver’s license, insurance, a clean driving record.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Submit a current resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Please note any job offer is contingent upon passing our background and DMV check.