Trupp HR - Compensation Analyst
Looking to develop your career in compensation as part of an innovative and collaborative team?
At Trüpp, we believe in harnessing the power of our collective team—valuing the unique talents, strengths, and even quirky traits of each of our employees.
The Compensation Analyst role at Trüpp plays a key role in gathering and analyzing compensation and other related data in support of designing, planning, and managing compensation programs and structures for our small to mid-sized clients located in the greater Portland area and across the U.S.
Successful candidates will: thrive in a team environment; have a proven ability to excel at detail-oriented tasks; demonstrate excellent time-management skills; stay organized in the mist of changing priorities; and consistently deliver quality work.
Essential Job Functions
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related duties:
- Review client documentation, job descriptions, and engage with client and team members to evaluate jobs and identify quality benchmarks in salary databases and public sector compensation data.
- Capture and analyze market salary data.
- Create and facilitate job analysis and pay equity questionnaires.
- Develop surveys, spreadsheets, reports, and templates in support of client projects and Trüpp process improvement.
- Review reports, spreadsheets and other large deliverables for larger projects as a QA check.
- Recommend process improvements for the Projects Team, including improving process flow, templates and overall systems.
To be successful in this position, the Compensation Analyst must:
- Maintain working knowledge of HR policies and compensation programs/structures including job classifications and descriptions.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Organize and prioritize own work in a fast-paced setting with frequent and rapid priority and assignment changes.
- Utilize active listening skills with colleagues and clients to mitigate conflict and improve operational efficiency.
- Consistently deliver quality, timely, accurate and useful work products.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail.
- Behave in a manner that supports Trüpp’s core values and represents the company in the best possible light.
- Exemplify professionalism and a sincere concern for contributing to the success of our clients.
- Treat confidential information gained through employment with Trüpp HR with sensitivity and tact.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and advanced working knowledge in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and market salary databases.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Management or other related field.
- Compensation and/or classification experience preferred.
Trüpp (Swedish for “team”) was founded in 2011 and has been recognized for the past three consecutive years as one of Oregon and SW Washington’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies and Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses. Providing HR Outsourcing and Consulting services to small and mid-sized employers, we are a collaborative team of professionals, passionate about helping our clients thrive.
Perks & Benefits
Trüpp values its employees! Our team members enjoy convenient access to public transportation, ergonomic sit-stand desks, a modern, open office with loads of ambient light, and a work environment where we enjoy supporting each other along with sharing good laughs and great food.
- Medical insurance, with a significant portion of employee coverage paid by the employer, as well as buy-up options and option to extend coverage to employee dependents/spouse/partner.
- Dental and Vision insurance 100% employer paid for employees, with the option to extend benefit participation to employee dependents/spouse/partner.
- Short-and Long-Term Disability paid 100% by employer.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Generous paid time off program.
- Flexible work schedules.