World Foods (Everett Location) - Wine Steward and Manager
830 NW Everett St.
Portland, OR 97209
Since 2004, locally owned World Foods has provided our community with the best selection of international foods, local favorites, fresh produce, meat and seafood, Lebanese specialties, and those from the Pacific Northwest.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Integrity: We do what’s right for our customers, each other, and our business.
- Hospitality: We take pride in providing our customers with a warm and hospitable environment.
- Commitment: We are committed to supporting one another and adapting to business needs.
- Good Food: Our love of food is what makes us excited to go to work every day.
BENEFITS AND PAY
- Additional range information will be provided to all qualified candidates during the first stage of the interview process.
- Enroll in comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your dependents.
- Set a schedule that works for the business and for your life.
- Be able to enroll in optional 401K.
- Work an environment where staff and management are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Receive 20% off all purchases from both World Foods locations.
The Wine Steward and Manager will be responsible for curating inspired beer and wine selections, effectively working with vendors, providing excellent customer service, and ensuring all administrative/operational functions of the Beer and Wine department are fulfilled.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of and passion for beer and wine products; share this enthusiasm and knowledge freely.
- Identify market trends and use that knowledge to expertly curate an inspired set.
- Effectively manage inventory levels which includes processing incoming orders, identifying and fixing pricing errors, filling out shrink/waste logs, and providing invoice information in a timely manner.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with existing and new vendors; use these relationships to build knowledge of products, secure products, and schedule demonstrations.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with every customer.
- Proactively ensure that all products are priced per established margin guideline; correct or report aberrations or anomalies to the Beer and Wine Steward.
- In a timely and professional manner, respond to price and product related questions posed by managers, staff, and customers.
- Work with General Manager to plan and execute appropriate department resets and seasonal displays.
- Review, revise, and follow approved buying guides in a manner that supports in-house ordering system.
- On an as needed basis, provide ‘product picks’ and ‘department specials’ information to our in-house Marketing Specialist.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Possess at least five years experience in wine and two years of relevant experience managing a beer and wine department of a similar scale and demonstrate the ability to autonomously fulfill the needs of that department.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to drive department sales, elevate department visibility, and promote the store. Proactively fulfill the responsibilities of your position and appropriately offer to assist others.
- Adapt to change, embrace new ideas, and bring up concerns in a solution-oriented manner.
- Be attentive to the needs of customers and treat every individual in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Support the needs of the business and your team by taking accountability for your schedule, coming to work as scheduled, and engaging in work related activities while at work.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, managers, vendors; be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Seek out and take advantage of opportunities that will support professional growth and development.
- Actively receive and act upon feedback provided regardless of whether the feedback is requested.
- Be aware of and adhere to rules, policies, and procedures; proactively seek clarification and consistently use common sense.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Use full range of motion to and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 40 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to look at a screen for prolonged periods of time while speaking on the phone.
We are looking for the right person to fill this critical role within our store and therefore this position will remain open until filled. We will reach out to every qualified applicant within one week.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.