Located on the outskirts of SE Portland, Ya Hala has been serving Portland’s finest Lebanese food since 1999. With a foundation in quality, tradition, and gathering, we provide our customers with an exceptional dining Lebanese experience.
Our principles are founded on enriching people’s lives with the food and service that demonstrates genuine warmth and Lebanese hospitality. Moreover, the quality of food is a reflection of our standards for having the finest Lebanese food in a city of exceptional restaurants. These values have allowed us to become a Portland staple for 17 years.
Working for Ya Hala means you will:
What We Need from our Dishwasher:
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the restaurant.
- Be able to make lasting positive changes.
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Receive 50% off meals at Ya Hala.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Experience: At least six months in a similar position.
- Ability to Learn Quickly: You learn new processes and procedures quickly and apply that knowledge in a way that supports business needs.
- Ability to Adapt: You appropriately view change as a necessary function of a growing business and adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Detail Oriented: You are precise in your work and are able to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared and on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Proactive: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glasses, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish washing machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes and cooking utensils.
- Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Remove trash and garbage and take to dumpster.
- Clean and roll/unroll safety mats.
- Wipe up and spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use fine motor skills to grasp, move, and life items of up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, step up and down stairs, and climb
- Be able to recognize and respond to a variety of sounds.
- See at near and far distances.