The National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization dedicated to research, advocacy, and patient and medical education as we work toward a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and support those impacted by psoriatic disease. Headquartered in Portland, OR, the Foundation is seeking a full time Patient Services Coordinator for our Patient Navigation Center. The Navigation Center program provides personalized support for individuals living with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis as well as their caregivers. The goal of the program is to improve health outcomes for our patient population.
We are seeking a standout individual to serve as one of our Patient Navigators and provide health and access information to patients via phone, e-mails, chat and written correspondence. As a Navigator, you are a source of information, support, and encouragement for those you serve. You guide patients to become actively engaged in their health care and enable them to achieve better disease management results with their health care team.
Job responsibilities include:
Job Education / Requirements include
- Answering questions and providing resources on disease information and treatment options;
- Assisting patients from across the country with health insurance issues, such as appealing insurance denials and applying for disability;
- Counseling patients on their insurance coverage benefits and insurance plan selections;
- Connecting patients with available resources including financial assistance options for their treatment and insurance costs;
- Managing a database of cases with regular data entry on correspondence and progress toward disease management goals;
- Maintaining follow-up with callers on health outcomes and resolution of their challenges in accessing care;
- Connecting patients with other NPF services, programs and events;
- Assessing the needs of individual callers to determine the best means to impact their health outcomes in a positive way.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years related experience OR five+ years related experience in health education/promotion, community health, social work, or healthcare office setting;
- Working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, hospital / provider referral protocols, medical insurance plans, billing, and regulations;
- Experience in conveying health-related information via phone, email or chat is highly valued;
- Ability to learn, understand and relay health and treatment information to constituents;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, good attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Empathetic and able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Self-motivated, diplomatic, tactful and a team player;
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential;
- Bilingual candidates (fluent in English and Spanish) are highly valued.
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and your resume to: Human Resources, National Psoriasis Foundation, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Ste 300 Portland, OR 97223, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.