William Temple House (Portland, OR) is seeking a full-time truck driver/cashier. This position will require flexibility and willingness to participate in both aspects of the thrift store, from the behind-the-scenes work of the driver to the public face of the front counter. All profits from the thrift store benefit the William Temple House, also in NW Portland, which provides mental health and social services to underserved populations in Portland. Truck Drivers work as part of a team to maximize daily sales. Our Drivers provide excellent customer service for our Donors during the scheduling and pick up of donated merchandise. The Drivers deliver the merchandise to the Store, move it to the appropriate processing or selling area and price furniture items.
Founded 55 years ago, WTH is a beloved nonprofit organization that restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere. With low- and no-cost mental health counseling, a food pantry, and faith-neutral spiritual care, we lend a helping hand to Portland’s most vulnerable populations. We serve the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. A social enterprise, our thrift store, provides revenue to support our operations.
Our organization is full of passionate people who do important work, appreciate each other, and have fun.
Review the complete job description
and find more information about WTH here: williamtemple.org/
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Oregon driver's license and a clean driving record
- Experience driving any larger commercial or passenger vehicle, CDL not required
- Experience moving large heavy objects, especially as part of a team, and utilizing hand trucks, dollies, and other moving equipment
- Retail or other experience specifically including cash handling and customer service
- Experience working with the public in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn more about the broad range of donated goods—brands, collectibles, current market trends, etc.
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. regularly
: WTH offers faith-neutral spiritual care. Employees are not asked about religion, nor do they need to be religious.
Salary range starts at $15 depending on experience, plus the following benefits:
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to
William Temple House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from people of color, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, women, and people with disabilities. We believe we can only meet our mission with a diverse board and staff who actively pursue equity and work to create a culture of belonging.