Oregon Business & Industry, Oregon’s largest statewide business association, seeks a results-oriented individual to join its dynamic team as Communications Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing OBI’s communications and content strategy. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the OBI team and will support all aspects of OBI’s operations. The Communication Manager will report to OBI’s President/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communications plans that tie together different aspects of OBI’s outreach, with consistent messaging and priorities.
- Develop ideas and content for OBI’s work, including both internal and external communications. This includes working with OBI team members to develop and support communications strategies for policy work, grassroots and broader advocacy, member engagement, and other areas of OBI’s work.
- Generate content for various communication channels including, but not limited to, newsletters, websites, social media platforms, media kits and press releases, and educational tools.
- Manage OBI’s web-based educational engagement, such as webinars and speaker series events.
- Support the president/CEO, board chair, and others with communications needs such as speeches, testimony, written remarks, scripts, and other outreach.
- Maintain relationship with and be the primary point of contact for members of the media.
- Manage the OBI website and collaborate with team members to ensure the website is accurate, updated, and informative.
- Provide some graphic design support.
- Coordinate communications-related vendor relationships, such as the use of contracted support for graphic design, video production, or similar.
- Serve as OBI’s brand manager, ensuring consistence in use of OBI brand.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to work under deadlines and tight timelines.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products and a high degree of comfort with applications for web editing, publication, and related tools.
- 3+ years of experience in a related position.
About Oregon Business & Industry
Oregon Business and Industry (OBI) works to strengthen Oregon's economy in order to achieve a healthy, prosperous and competitive Oregon for the benefit of present and future generations. OBI is Oregon’s large business association with approximately 1,500 members, large and small companies alike, from a wide variety of industries and from all parts of the state. Together, OBI members employ more than 250,000 Oregonians and help drive the state's economy.
We are proud an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Employer-paid medical and dental coverage
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and paid Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
Application review will begin November 10; interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Katie Koenig (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on November 9.