Trupp HR - Compensation Consultant (Remote – Full or Part-Time)
Looking to flex your technical compensation strengths as part of an innovative and collaborative team?
At Trüpp, we believe in harnessing the power of our collective team—valuing the unique talents, strengths, and even quirky traits of each of our employees.
The Compensation Consultant position at Trüpp plays a key role by contributing to and leading client projects, conducting market studies, analyzing and updating classification and compensation structures, conducting job analyses, gathering/analyzing/interpreting data, conducting pay equity studies, and processes that support compensation projects for small to mid-sized organizations.
Successful candidates will: thrive in a small energetic team environment; have a proven ability to excel at detail-oriented tasks; conduct client interactions with credibility and curiosity; demonstrate excellent time-management and compensation skills; stay organized and focused in the midst of changing priorities; and consistently deliver quality work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT’S IN YOUR TOOLBOX
- Work both directly and independently with a variety of clients on projects that require follow-up, in-depth analysis, project management and recommendations for creative solutions.
- Evaluate jobs to identify quality benchmarks utilizing salary surveys and public sector information to understand the job market.
- Create and deploy job analysis, pay equity tools and questionnaires.
- Apply advanced MS Excel and system expertise to manage, analyze, and report on complex compensation and client-data.
- Develop compelling market surveys, spreadsheets, and tools to enhance efficiency, work quality, and client value.
- Conduct job analyses to inform job description, compensation, and pay equity projects and update/create job descriptions.
- Evaluate specific skills, knowledge and ability of a job to determine how it fits into a client's classification structure to assign factors for pay equity, and determine the appropriate job level.
- Ability to gather and analyze employee benefit plan data as it applies to overall rewards that are offered to the client’s employees.
- Recommend internal process improvements that may include improving process flow, templates, and overall systems.
- Work remotely utilizing video conferencing tools to communicate with clients and Trüpp team members.
WHAT GOT YOU HERE
- Successfully apply advanced Excel skills, including using complex formulas, regression analysis, data modeling, pivot tables, and macro workbooks.
- Working knowledge of HR policies and compensation programs/platforms, including but not limited to job structures (classifications and descriptions), and base pay structures (data acquisition and analysis).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing own work in a fast-paced setting with frequent and rapid priority and assignment changes.
- Utilize active listening skills with colleagues and clients to mitigate conflict and improve operational efficiency.
- Consistently deliver quality, timely, accurate and useful work products.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Behave in a manner that supports Trüpp’s core values and represents the company in the best possible light.
- Exemplify professionalism and a sincere concern for contributing to the success of our clients.
- Treat confidential information gained through employment with Trüpp with sensitivity and tact.
A LITTLE ABOUT TRÜPP
- A minimum of four years compensation experience as an analyst/consultant role is required.
- Demonstrated expert working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and advanced working knowledge in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, market salary databases, web-based project management, and survey software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Management or related field.
Trüpp (Swedish for “team” and pronounced as “troop”) was founded in 2011 and has been recognized four consecutive years as one of Oregon and SW Washington’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies and Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses. Providing HR Outsourcing and Consulting services to small and mid-sized employers locally and nationwide, we are a collaborative team of professionals, passionate about helping our clients thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Trüpp values its employees! Our team members enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical insurance, with a significant portion of employee coverage paid by the employer, as well as buy-up options and option to extend coverage to employee dependents/spouse/partner - full-time employees eligible
- Dental and Vision insurance 100% employer paid for employees, with the option to extend benefit participation to employee dependents/spouse/partner - full-time employees eligible
- Short-and Long-Term Disability paid 100% by employer - full-time employees eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - full-time employees eligible
- Generous paid time off program - full-time employees eligible (part-time employees eligible for paid sick time)
- Education reimbursement program
- Flexible work schedules
- 100% remote work with a $500 per year workplace stipend
Trüpp is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor all individual experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming.