Are you an experienced HR professional looking to step into the consulting world?
At Trüpp, we believe in harnessing the power of our collective team—valuing the unique talents, strengths, and even quirky traits of each of our employees.
Finally, an HR position that offers variety. This position is part of the Consulting team which supports small and mid-sized employers nationally. Unlike many HR positions, this role offers advisement to an engaging blend of clients on challenging and interesting employee relations issues and compliance topics in a multi-state environment coupled with a variety of project work in support of our overall Consulting and Outsourcing teams. This role is a full-time, remote position that offers flexible daily hours.
Successful candidates will: thrive in a team environment; have a keen attention to detail and aptitude for working with a several clients in varying industries; demonstrate excellent customer skills; exceptional organizational skills in the midst of changing priorities; and consistently deliver quality work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Trupp HR - HR Consultant (Remote)
WHAT’S IN YOUR TOOLBOX
- Manage handbook process from initial lead to producing customized employee handbooks, HR policies as well as compliance reviews of handbooks and policy documents for clients.
- Continuously improve and update Trüpp employee handbooks and HR policy templates and create new HR policy templates as needed, including maintaining a library of templates.
- Assist other Trüpp teams with activities such as preparing handbooks and HR assessment reports for Outsourcing clients, contributing to compensation consulting projects, creating and updating job descriptions, and conducting leave administration activities.
- Conduct HR audits focused on compliance, wage and hour issues, FLSA classifications, leaves of absence and employee file audits.
- Interface with clients to discern compliance, handbooks, and policy customization needs; continuously maintain positive client relationships.
- Advise clients on employee relations and compliance matters.
- Contribute to articles related to compliance, regulatory changes, best practices, and other HR-related topics.
- Assist with responding to compliance-related issues and concerns from both clients and Trüpp team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
A LITTLE ABOUT TRÜPP
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of federal, multi-state, and local employment laws.
- Maintain working knowledge of HR policies, best practices, and job descriptions.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly, professional, customer-focused, and resolution-oriented manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and clear and concise writing when preparing handbooks and policies, client communications, and other work.
- Organize and prioritize own work in a setting with frequent and rapid priority and assignment changes and additions coming from multiple sources in a fast-paced environment.
- Behave in a manner that supports Trüpp’s core values and represents the company in the best possible light.
- Exemplify professionalism and a sincere concern for contributing to the success of our clients.
- Treat confidential information gained through employment with Trüpp with sensitivity and tact.
- Demonstrate working knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and other software programs.
Trüpp (Swedish for “team” and pronounced as “troop”) was founded in 2011 and has been recognized four consecutive years as one of Oregon and SW Washington’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies and Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses. Providing HR Outsourcing and Consulting services to small and mid-sized employers locally and nationwide, we are a collaborative team of professionals, passionate about helping our clients thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Trüpp values its employees! Our team members enjoy the following benefits:
Trüpp is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor all individual experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
- Medical insurance, with a significant portion of employee coverage paid by the employer, as well as buy-up options and option to extend coverage to employee dependents/spouse/partner - full-time employees eligible
- Dental and Vision insurance 100% employer paid for employees, with the option to extend benefit participation to employee dependents/spouse/partner - full-time employees eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - full-time employees eligible
- Generous paid time off program - full-time employees eligible (part-time employees eligible for paid sick time)
- Education reimbursement program
- Flexible work schedules
- 100% remote work with a $500 per year workplace stipend