Looking for a benefits position that offers variety?
At Trüpp, we believe in harnessing the power of our collective team—valuing the diverse talents, strengths, perspectives, backgrounds, and even quirky traits of each of our employees. As a fully remote organization, Trüpp is committed to creating a remote work environment where all team members feel welcome, respected, supported, and valued.
Trupp HR - Benefits Specialist (Remote/Full-Time)
Finally, a benefit position that offers variety. This position is part of the Benefits and Leave Administration team which supports small and mid-sized employers locally and nationally in Leave and Benefits administration. Unlike many benefit positions, this role offers an engaging blend of day-to-day client support and management, benefit administration coupled with project work in support of our overall team. This is a full time, remote position.
Successful candidates will: thrive in a team environment; have extensive benefit knowledge, have a keen attention to detail and aptitude for working with a variety of clients; demonstrate excellent customer skills; stay organized in the midst of changing priorities; and consistently deliver quality work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT’S IN YOUR TOOLBOX
- Perform high quality benefits administration-related activities for multiple benefits administration clients.
- Participate in sales prospect calls and contribute to successfully onboarding new clients.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in benefit administration for our clients and internal employees.
- Maintain working knowledge of client benefit offerings and related regulatory and policy requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all client, employee, broker and carrier inquiries, respond to inquiries, and work with HR Business Partners, payroll administrators, brokers and/or carriers to resolve issues.
- Process new hires, separations and employee changes and carrier online portals and communicate regularly with client payroll administrator regarding benefit deduction additions and changes.
- Monitor employee eligibility, and ensure offers of coverage are issued timely, change and cancellation of benefits communications are issued timely and client employee forms are received and processed.
- Perform all Open Enrollment-related administrative tasks, including managing employee election process, preparing, and distributing employee communications and information resources, ensuring required noticing is completed, and ensuring carrier enrollments reflect new/updated employee elections and data.
- Coordinate and carry out benefit-related projects, employee educational activities and other action items to ensure adherence to established processes and regulations, and on-time and accurate completion of all projects and activities.
- Respond to and/or route incoming calls, perform various office management-type tasks, as needed, and address other duties as assigned.
WHAT GOT YOU HERE
- Effective communicator with clients, employees, brokers, and carriers, including written and verbal communication that is friendly, professional, customer-focused, and resolution-oriented.
- Experience meeting exacting and highly accurate benefit administration results and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately with numbers and text.
- Strong proficiency using a variety of software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and one or more HRIS systems, including Employee Navigator.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail when responding to inquiries, preparing employee communications, and completing benefits reconciliations and other tasks.
- Demonstrate tenacity and innovation by going the extra mile in response to inquiries and when performing other tasks.
- Be reliable, including following through on promises and action items within the timeframes communicated.
- Support other Benefits and Leave team members and other co-workers to provide quality customer service in line with our department and company Core Values.
- Two years’ work experience in HR/benefits administration or related field.
- Bi-lingual Spanish skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of benefits administration laws and regulations.
- Requires strong proficiency in the use of a variety of software including Excel, Word, Outlook, customer service ticketing systems, and benefit administration systems, including Employee Navigator.
- Sufficient working conditions, including high-speed internet and an environment where phone calls and virtual meetings can occur without interruption is required.
A LITTLE ABOUT TRÜPP
Trüpp (Swedish for “team” and pronounced as “troop”) was founded in 2011 and is recognized as one of Oregon and SW Washington’s Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses. Providing HR Outsourcing and Consulting services to small and mid-sized employers nationwide, we are a collaborative team of professionals, passionate about helping our clients thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Trüpp values its employees! Our team members enjoy the following benefits:
Trüpp is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor all individual experiences, perspectives, and unique identities. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
- Flexible work schedule and 100% remote work environment that fosters coworker collaboration and teamwork
- $500 per year workplace stipend
- Generous paid time off program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, with a significant portion of employee coverage paid by the employer, as well as buy-up options and option to extend coverage to employee dependents/spouse/partner
- 401(k) with company match
- Voluntary benefits such as FSA accounts, short term and long term disability and group life insurance
- Education reimbursement program