Pay Range: $95,000 - $115,000 annually
Trupp HR - Compensation Consultant (Remote/Full-Time)
Are you a compensation professional stuck in the mundane compensation cycle and ready to explore consulting? Forget about your morning commute and get ready to work in a truly remote environment with all the flexibility!
At Trüpp, we believe in harnessing the power of our collective team—valuing the diverse talents, strengths, perspectives, backgrounds, and even quirky traits of each of our employees. As a fully remote organization, Trüpp is committed to creating a remote work environment where all team members feel welcome, respected, supported, and valued.
The Compensation Consultant maintains strong relationships with clients, identifies and nurturing additional business opportunities with clients and personally serves as lead consultant and project manager on client compensation projects. Planning and execution of larger projects, including client management, ensuring the team has the resources they need to complete and meet the deadlines for the projects. Also contributes to projects in an analyst capacity through collecting and studying an array of information from conducting market research to job analysis questionnaires.
Successful candidates will: thrive in a small energetic team environment; have a proven understanding of advanced compensation practices and laws, job structures, classification structures, ability to communicate with clients in a credible, professional, customer-focused and results-oriented manner, consistently deliver quality, timely, accurate and useful work products and demonstrates excellent communication and time-management skills.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $115,000 depending on relevant experience and qualifications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a consultant on client projects. Apply and maintain current subject matter expertise related to compensation and classifications, HR best practices, regulatory requirements, employee relations, organizational development, and performance management.
- Meet with clients to understand business needs and project objectives, communicate and present to stakeholder groups, conduct compensation data gathering and analysis, create recommendations for new and updated pay structures, pay practices, classification structures, and position descriptions.
- Present information, deliverables and self in a manner that aligns with the Trüpp brand and approach.
- Maintain project management excellence for client projects, including managing activities and assignments on a weekly basis, managing to visible work/project plans, and proactively communicating any contractual, timing or budgetary concerns.
- Serves as primary point for clients to develop compensation programs, including providing salary and pay policy recommendations based on clients needs and compensation philosophy.
- Provides consultation and is involved in discussions regarding initiatives/changes to client organizational structure and corresponding compensation programs. Provides ongoing education to clients on compensation related topics.
- Makes decisions on appropriate approach to designing and developing unique compensation programs for individual clients.
- Performs complex research and anlysis of market salary data and develops recommendations for appropriate compensation programs and structures for clients.
- Contributes and refines the process of providing compensation products to clients.
- Evaluates client job descriptions and utilizes market data and analysis to deliver innovative solutions for clients.
- Reviews RFPs and provides input and recommendations to ensure project scope is well defined.
- Owns and completes assigned project activities, including conducting benchmark salary and benefits studies, conducting job analysis, creating job descriptions, creating/updating job classifications, and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Serve as lead or supporting consultant on other engagements, as needed.
- Work remotely utilizing video conferencing tools to communicate with clients and Trüpp team members.
WHAT’S IN YOUR TOOLBOX
WHAT’S GOT YOU HERE
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of compensation practices and laws, job structures, classification structures, and position descriptions.
- Communicate with clients in a credible, professional, customer-focused and results-oriented manner.
- Proactively seeks out relevant information to ensure recommendations to clients are in line with best practice philosophies and approaches, based on proven benchmarks and legal requirements.
- Consistently delivers quality, timely, accurate and useful work products.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Organizes and prioritizes own work in a setting with frequent and rapid priority and assignments changes and additions coming from multiple sources in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilizes active listening skills with colleagues and clients to mitigate conflict and improve operational efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound and timely informed decisions in complex situations.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail.
- Behaves in a manner that supports Trüpp HR’s core values and represents the company in the best possible light.
- Exemplifies professionalism and a sincere concern for contributing to the success of our clients.
- Treats confidential information gained through employment with Trüpp HR with sensitivity and tact.
- Ensure work-related activities promote the strategic objectives of clients.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and advanced working knowledge in PowerPoint and Outlook.
A LITTLE ABOUT TRÜPP
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources, Industrial/Organization Psychology, Business Management or other related field.
- Compensation experience required; consulting experience preferred.
- CCP Certification strongly preferred or ability to attain within the first year of employment.
- Ability to periodically travel locally; occasionally travel regionally and nationally.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and periodically work weekends, as needed.
Trüpp (Swedish for “team” and pronounced as “troop”) was founded in 2011 and is recognized as one of Oregon and SW Washington’s Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses. Providing HR Outsourcing and Consulting services to small and mid-sized employers nationwide, we are a collaborative team of professionals, passionate about helping our clients thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Trüpp values its employees! Our team members enjoy the following benefits:
Trüpp is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor all individual experiences, perspectives, and unique identities. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
- Flexible work schedule and 100% remote work environment that fosters coworker collaboration and teamwork
- $500 per year workplace stipend
- Generous paid time off program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, with a significant portion of employee coverage paid by the employer, as well as buy-up options and option to extend coverage to employee dependents/spouse/partner
- 401(k) with company match
- Voluntary benefits such as FSA accounts, short term and long term disability and group life insurance
- Education reimbursement program