ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the essential job functions of this position.
- Stock, face, and ensure pricing on shelves is correct and visible.
- Assist customers by providing information, answering questions, and helping to resolve their complaints.
- Respond to all spills or breakage of merchandise in the store.
- Accurately ring sales orders into cash register and count back change to customers in a friendly manner.
- Provide support to other departments as needed.
- Check in with management at the beginning of your shift to assess the needs of the store.
- Assist all departments with daily tasks.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
In order to be successful, the individual in this position must demonstrate and apply their ability to
- Learn Quickly: You are able to learn new processes and procedures quickly and consistently apply learned knowledge.
- Adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business and you adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Work Proactively: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Effectively Multi-Task: You are able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Engender Customer Loyalty: You are aware of, and go out of your way to help, customers.
- Promote Teamwork: You are able to work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Think Critically: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work- around.
- Communicate Effectively: You are able to write, speak, and understand English.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Use full range of motion to and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 35 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to work a variety of shifts including morning, mid, and close on weekdays and weekends.