World Foods (Barbur Location) - Produce Lead
9845 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219
Located in SW Portland, Barbur World Foods has been serving customers since 2004. We provide our customers with both fresh produce, curated beer & wine selection, local meat & seafood, traditional Lebanese cuisine, international groceries and local culinary favorites from the Pacific North West.
All activities - from the day to day operations to the strategic growth of the business – are geared to support our principles.
Hospitality and Warmth
We want to do more than just provide a wide product selection and delicious food – we want to enrich our customer’s lives with customer service that demonstrates genuine warmth and hospitality. By engaging with our customers on a personal level, we elevate ourselves above being ‘just a business’ to being a cornerstone of the community we’re in.
Unique and Inspired Selections
From staples to local favorites to international specialty items, the products available at each grocery store location must consistently demonstrate our knowledge of local trends and show deference to international culinary favorites.
WORKING FOR BARBUR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Be compensated based on your experience and value.
- Receive a 20% discount at both World Foods locations.
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Have employees and a supervisor who care about their job and will provide the support and training needed.
This position is responsible for ensuring the produce department is running efficiently and for taking on additional management duties such as training, coaching, and product ordering.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR PRODUCE LEAD:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As the Produce Lead, you will be responsible for fulfilling the following job responsibilities:
- Experience: You have a minimum of one year working in similar environment.
- Education: You must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to Learn Quickly: You learn new processes and procedures quickly and apply that knowledge in a way that supports business needs.
- Ability to Adapt: You appropriately view change as a necessary function of a growing business and adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Detail Oriented: You are precise in your work and are able to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared and on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Proactive: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- People Skills: You communicate relevant information in a manner that is readily understood by the intended audience.
- Customer Service Skills: You consistently provide exceptional customer service, which includes greeting customers promptly, making yourself available to answer any questions, and thanking customers for their purchase.
- Critical Thinking Skills: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Maintain an appropriate stock of produce.
- Proactively rotate produce to ensure quality and freshness.
- Properly receive product deliveries in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Maintain knowledge of produce, provides information to customers regarding produce use and preparation.
- Ensure that all work is in accordance with, and adheres to, company guidelines as well as state laws and regulations.
- Ensure all merchandise is appropriately processed, invoices are audited, and products are correctly organized and labeled.
- Communicate relevant events to supervisor on a consistent basis.
- In conjunction with direct supervisor and/or in their absence:
- Ensure that staff feel supported and have the tools they need to get their job done.
- Provide effective and on-the-spot coaching to employees.
- Ensure all staffing ‘holes’ are filled, which means being able to come in early/ stay late if needed and calling employees to cover 'callouts' when needed.
- Ensure that employees receive their proper number of breaks and meal periods.
- Proactively monitor pricing and labels to ensure clarity and consistency.
- Proactively engage in routine tasks such as cleaning and sanitization as needed.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Use full range of motion to and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 25 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to look at a screen while speaking on the phone.