World Foods (Barbur Location) - Deli Service Clerk
9845 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219
Located in SW Portland, Barbur World Foods has been serving customers since 2004. We provide our customers with both fresh produce, curated beer & wine selection, local meat & seafood, traditional Lebanese cuisine, international groceries and local culinary favorites from the Pacific North West.
All activities - from the day to day operations to the strategic growth of the business – are geared to support our principles.
Hospitality and Warmth
We want to do more than just provide a wide product selection and delicious food – we want to enrich our customer’s lives with customer service that demonstrates genuine warmth and hospitality. By engaging with our customers on a personal level, we elevate ourselves above being ‘just a business’ to being a cornerstone of the community we’re in.
Unique and Inspired Selections
From staples to local favorites to international specialty items, the products available at each grocery store location must consistently demonstrate our knowledge of local trends and show deference to international culinary favorites.
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR DELI CLERKS:
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Be compensated based on your experience and value.
- Receive a 20% discount at both World Foods locations.
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Experience what it is like to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Learn Quickly: You are able to learn new processes and procedures quickly and consistently apply learned knowledge.
- Adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business and you adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Be Precise: Your detail oriented approach allows you to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Work Proactively: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Effectively Multi-Task: You are able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Engender Customer Loyalty: You are aware of, and go out of your way to help, customers.
- Promote Teamwork: You are able to work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Think Critically: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Communicate Effectively: You are able to write, speak, and understand English.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Close or open the deli case in a manner that adheres to store policies and procedures.
- Proactively rotate deli items to ensure product sold is of the highest quality.
- Work alongside co-workers, leads, and supervisor to maintain a visually pleasing deli display.
- Proactively monitor pricing and labels to ensure clarity and support food safety.
- As needed, help to ready, fill, or package catering orders.
- Follow established cleaning and sanitizing practices as outlined by the Deli Manager, including using proper safety equipment when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Prepare meals for the grab-and-go section, as well as the made-to-order department.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required to meet customer demand.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use fine motor skills to grasp, move, and life items of up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, step up and down stairs, and climb
- Be able to recognize and respond to a variety of sounds.
- See at near and far distances.