World Foods (Everett Location) - Dishwasher
830 NW Everett St.
Portland, OR 97209
Located in NW Portland, World Foods has been serving customers since 2004. We provide our customers with both fresh produce, curated beer & wine selection, local meat & seafood, traditional Lebanese cuisine, international groceries and local culinary favorites from the Pacific North West.
All activities - from the day to day operations to the strategic growth of the business – are geared to support our principles.
Hospitality and Warmth
We want to do more than just provide a wide product selection and delicious food – we want to enrich our customer’s lives with customer service that demonstrates genuine warmth and hospitality. By engaging with our customers on a personal level, we elevate ourselves above being ‘just a business’ to being a cornerstone of the community we’re in.
Unique and Inspired Selections
From staples to local favorites to international specialty items, the products available at each grocery store location must consistently demonstrate our knowledge of local trends and show deference to international culinary favorites.
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR DISHWASHERS:
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Be compensated based on your experience and value.
- Receive a 20% discount at both World Foods locations.
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Experience what it is like to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Experience: At least six months in a similar position.
- Ability to Learn Quickly: You learn new processes and procedures quickly and apply that knowledge in a way that supports business needs.
- Ability to Adapt: You appropriately view change as a necessary function of a growing business and adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Detail Oriented: You are precise in your work and are able to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared and on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Proactive: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glasses, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish washing machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes and cooking utensils.
- Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Remove trash and garbage and take to dumpster.
- Clean and roll/unroll safety mats.
- Wipe up and spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use fine motor skills to grasp, move, and life items of up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, step up and down stairs, and climb
- Be able to recognize and respond to a variety of sounds.
- See at near and far distances.