InRoads Credit Union - Commercial Credit Analyst
InRoads Credit Union is seeking a diligent, and knowledgeable full time Commercial Credit Analyst to join our team in Scappoose, Oregon. This position comes with a full benefit package including a matching 401k.
At the heart of every InRoads Credit Union position is a relationship built between you and the members you serve. Transparency, acceptance of individuality, confidence and strong communication skills are necessary. You understand that members trust and rely on your assistance daily. Your goal is to exceed the members’ expectations in everything you do.
As an analyst, you will support the Commercial department and organization. Analyze business transactions, applying accounting principles that require an understanding of both accounting theory and practice. Monitor, analyze and report risks associated in the market, assets originated and assets maintained in the Commercial Services Department.
A successful Commercial Credit Analyst should be equipped with the following:
- Input financial information using tax analysis software; analyze intelligence data, such as tax returns, profit & loss statements, balance sheets, debt schedules and other financial documents, to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of Credit Union assets, information, or infrastructure. Project accounting data through prudent assumptions to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position, and overall financial condition.
- Documents operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Analyze the effects of individual transactions upon account relationships by applying prudent and appropriate cash-flow methods to determine an entities ability to service new debt or continue to service existing debt
- Analyze accounting records, reports, and statements and evaluate alternative means of analyzing transactions while adhering to the lending philosophy, products and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Apply prudent and appropriate cash-flow method to determine an entity’s ability to service new debt or continue to service existing debt.
- Obtain and review borrower(s) and guarantor(s) credit reports and credit worthiness or significant changes.
- Prepare credit write-ups and provide recommendations based on financial and risk analyses conducted completing a credit write-up.
- Perform annual reviews on existing loans and relationships by utilizing updated financial information, verify that borrowers are meeting minimum lending guidelines; identify trends of the borrower, industry peer-to-peer analysis and the overall lending and credit climate.
- Review credit write-ups, reviews generated by others and potential participation credit approvals for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ensure adherence to all Credit Union and NCUA regulations, laws, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, and operational procedures and comply with the requirement of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, and OFAC.
- Lead by example to ensure that members are receiving excellent service by maintaining up to date industry knowledge.
- Actively monitor borrower and market trends assisting in prudent portfolio management.
InRoads Credit Union is an Oregon-based not-for-profit financial institution. At InRoads, we are that trusted resource for our members and communities. We’re here to deliver the financial expertise our members want and need, from affordable loans and financial resources, to money saving advice and planning. When our members succeed, so does the credit union. Our employees are a vital part of that success. Transparency, celebration of individuality, confidence, the ability to work with members to achieve their financial goals and dreams, and strong communication skills are necessary for any successful candidate.
Together we are InRoads Credit Union.
If you feel a connection to our credit union after reading a little about the position and our organization, and you meet minimum qualifications, submit your employment information (letter of interest, resume and application) as soon as possible. This position will remain posted until filled.
InRoads is an equal employment opportunity employer.