Trüpp is searching for an experienced HR Generalist on behalf of Global Importing Group
, the largest Importer and Distributor of Eastern European foods in Oregon and Washington. This role will include establishing the HR program and practices for its staff of ~50 employees at Global Importing Group’s distribution operations in Portland and Seattle as well as its Euro-market and kitchen grocery store, CityMaxx. The position is full-time and will be based at Global Importing Group’s Portland location at 4201 NE 161st Ave, Portland, OR 97230.
The ideal candidate for the HR Generalist role will be a go-getter who is skilled at establishing HR programs and best practices, enjoys recruiting and onboarding new team members, is friendly and approachable while not being afraid to hold their ground, and adept at employee relations and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Establish and administer human resources policies and procedures including onboarding, employee relations, compensation, performance management, recordkeeping, employee leaves, and maintaining employee paper and electronic records.
- Provide sound advice and guidance on human resource issues contributing to the maintenance of fair and legally compliant HR practices.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local labor and employment law requirements.
- Recruit, interview, guide the selection of, and onboard new employees.
- Administer employee benefits and payroll.
- Work with managers to design, plan and deploy training programs for employees.
- Manage employee leaves and separations, including offboarding and exit interviews.
- Serve as a resource for staff inquiries and advise management on employment matters.
- Requires a minimum four years of work experience and competency in performing generalist human resources activities with strengths in employee relations, recruiting and HR compliance.
- Must be able to develop relationships with all levels of staff while providing superior customer service and maintaining composure and flexibility under pressure and/or with routine interruptions or changes in direction.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple assignments on time accurately and with minimal supervision is essential.
- Requires proficiency in human resource information systems, payroll systems, and MS Office suite.