InRoads Credit Union is seeking a diligent, and knowledgeable full time Business Development Officer to join our team in St Helens, Oregon. This position comes with a full benefit package including a matching 401k.
At the heart of every InRoads Credit Union position is a relationship built between you and the members you serve. Transparency, acceptance of individuality, confidence and strong communication skills are necessary. You understand that members trust and rely on your assistance daily. Your goal is to exceed the members' expectations in everything.
The Business Development Officer will work closely with the Marketing Department to understand the needs in the assigned region, and to create a plan to accumulate and penetrate targeted SEG partners, foster CUDL relationships as well as attend and engage in the local chamber(s). Opportunities will be developed based on a solid understanding of the financial services market, and business relationships will be built within all communities served.
A Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferred but may be substituted with business development sales experience.
A successful Business Service Officer should be equipped with the following:
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure, interact routinely with others face-to-face, by telephone, and through other communication methods using active listening skills and excellent teamwork.
- Must be reliable in meeting exacting or highly accurate work results, strict deadlines, and prompt and friendly service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with professional contacts at all organizational levels, within the Credit Union, business partners and the communities we serve.
- Excellent public speaking skills to make effective, persuasive presentations to both large and small groups.
- Strong consultative skills to reach membership and product goals.
- Schedule, coordinate, prioritize multiple business development opportunities.
- As the position interacts with all departments and branches, the ability to successfully operate within a team environment is a must.
- A positive attitude and professional image is a must.
- Must have access to an automobile, a valid driver's license with a good driving record and adequate automobile related insurance. Must be able to travel between branches and communities on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible and able to work weekends -- work hours may vary from regular office hours due to the nature and needs of this position.
- Must be PC literate and able to read computer screens for extended periods of time and have finger/hand dexterity for keyboarding and the operation of all other office machinery.
- Must be able to gather, pack, load / unload and set-up related materials at presentation sites. May be required to transport up to 50 pounds of said materials.
- Requires ability to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on a routine basis.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
InRoads Credit Union is an Oregon-based not-for-profit financial institution. At InRoads, we are that trusted resource for our members and communities. We’re here to deliver the financial expertise our members want and need, from affordable loans and financial resources, to money saving advice and planning. When our members succeed, so does the credit union. Our employees are a vital part of that success. Transparency, celebration of individuality, confidence, the ability to work with members to achieve their financial goals and dreams, and strong communication skills are necessary for any successful candidate. Together we are InRoads Credit Union.
If you feel a connection to our credit union after reading a little about the position and our organization, and you meet minimum qualifications, submit your employment information (letter of interest, resume and application) as soon as possible. This position will remain posted until filled.
InRoads is an equal employment opportunity employer.