Operations Support Specialist
OBI seeks an operations support specialist (OSS) to join its team in Salem, Oregon. The OSS is a customer-service oriented position that will welcome guests to the OBI building; liaise with OBI members and stakeholders, as well as with tenants of the OBI building and their guests; and provide administrative support to members of the OBI team to help ensure smooth, friendly, and effective operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the receptionist for OBI’s building in Salem. This includes, but is not limited to, welcoming guests to the building as well as triaging mail and other deliveries, answering phones, and being the first point of contact for many visitors and callers.
- Ensure common areas in the building are well-maintained, stocked with appropriate supplies, and in good working order.
- Coordinate scheduling for shared conference and meeting room spaces.
- Provide support to the operations director, finance support specialist, and membership team with items such as invoice preparation and distribution, bill reconciliation, member outreach, or similar.
- Help prepare and set-up for group meetings.
- Provide additional administrative support to the OBI leadership team as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of related operational experience
- High school/GED degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products.
About Oregon Business & Industry
Oregon Business and Industry (OBI) works to strengthen Oregon's economy in order to achieve a healthy, prosperous and competitive Oregon for the benefit of present and future generations. OBI is Oregon’s large business association with approximately 1,600 members, large and small companies alike, from a wide variety of industries and from all parts of the state. Together, OBI members employ more than 250,000 Oregonians and help drive the state's economy.
We are proud an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The desired start date for this position is February 1. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Katie Christensen (katiechristensen@oregonbusinessindustry