Job Title: Applications Administrator
Department: Revenue Services
Reports to: VP for Finance and Administration
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Applications Administrator ensures efficient use of business applications at the Oregon Symphony, with primary responsibility for Tessitura RAMP. The Administrator works closely with the Finance, Development and Marketing teams (including our Patron Services department) to provide user training and support while overseeing all aspects of system functionality.
Reporting to the VP for Finance and Administration, this position ensures that our critical systems are working at their highest efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers Tessitura RAMP, MS SQL Server, and all dependent applications for all business operations of the Oregon Symphony and the Oregon Symphony in Salem and other entities under operational control of the Oregon Symphony.
- Provides systems analysis and solutions for future application development.
- Provides advanced reporting and data mining support.
- Supports conversions and data integration functions.
- Oversees data integrity efforts and documents data protocols.
- Maintains a high-level of customer service and quality support throughout the organization.
- Interacts with all functions of the organization to provide solutions to business challenges; recommends improvements to business processes and technology that will improve efficiency and standardize business operations.
- Oversees Tessitura Users Group.
- Works with website manager to support and maintain transactional integrations between website/WebAPI and Tessitura database.
- Supports all Tessitura users, including new hires, with guidance and training in best practices, in close collaboration with Department managers.
- Manages annual box office projects and updates including new performance season builds, rollover, pricing, and education.
- Keeps up to date on industry developments. Researches, recommends, and helps design new procedures, methods, and technologies as they become available.
- Serve as technical lead for the Tessitura Version 16 upgrade.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and a demonstrated record of success.
- Technical Qualifications: Minimum 5 years applications experience. Minimum 1 year experience with MS SQL Server administration, data development, and advanced report generation. Minimum 6 months experience with MS Windows Server 2012/2016 (2019) and IIS Server administration. Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and data-intensive applications. Previous experience with fundraising and ticketing applications a plus. Understands project management methodologies. Tessitura experience a plus.
- Other Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, etc.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: MCSA.
This position is currently operating in a hybrid-remote work environment, with in-person events required. The Administrator is responsible for providing internet access in a remote environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work calmly under pressure of deadlines; ability to work in a team environment to help create optimal processes and procedures. Pleasant personality, ability to work with a wide range of individuals, both professional and volunteer.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem-Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Change Management - Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Proposes changes in strategy to meet changing conditions; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; promotes a harassment-free environment; observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Judgment - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly expected to sit; use hands and arms to operate a computer. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close to moderate distance vision and ability to adjust focus for use of computer monitor and/or reading documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position is currently following a weekly hybrid work model (working remotely and in-office).
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
. No phone inquiries, please.
Position is open until filled.
The Oregon Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We seek to develop a diverse candidate pool and welcome nominations and applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or national origin.