World Foods (Everett Location) - Prep Cook
Since 2004, locally owned World Foods has provided our community with the best selection of international foods, local favorites, fresh produce, meat and seafood, Lebanese specialties and those from the Pacific Northwest.
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
- Integrity: We do what’s right for our customers, each other, and our business.
- Hospitality: We take pride in providing our customers with a warm and hospitable environment.
- Commitment: We are committed to supporting one another and adapting to business needs.
- Good Food: Our love of food is what makes us excited to go to work every day.
- Work an environment where our employees and leadership team are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance. (Our health insurance plan covers massage and acupuncture, too!)
- Be paid commensurate with experience.
- Receive 20% off all purchases from both World Foods locations.
This position is responsible for effectively providing food creation and preparation support.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR PREP COOK:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Experience: You have a minimum of one year working in similar environment. Our ideal candidate will also have a minimum of one year of experience in a similar role.
- Strong Customer Service: You know what it takes to foster strong customer relationships and consistently utilize these skills.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Solution Oriented: You receive feedback about your behavior and performance in a professional manner and effectively work to solve the challenges that were brought to your attention.
- Change Management: Though you’re able to see the quickest way to solve a problem, you also understand that change takes time and you exhibit an appropriate level of patience when making change.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Follow all par lists and create food items in conjunction with established recipes.
- Work in tandem with co-workers and supervisor to stock and arrange deli items in visually pleasing manner.
- Work in tandem with co-workers and supervisor to ensure all merchandise is appropriately labeled.
- Promote work place safety by using machines, carrying items, and moving items in a manner that is safe.
- Work in tandem with co-workers and supervisor to maintain a clean work environment, which includes the deli case, freezer, kitchen, warehouse shelving, etc.
- Provide customer service during busy times.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Food Handlers’ card.
- Be able to stand, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Use full range of motion and fine motor skills.
- Be able to pick up, carry, and place items of up to 35 pounds.
- Be able to identify audible and visual cues and respond to those cues.