World Foods (Barbur Location) - Grocery Clerk
9845 SW Barbur Blvd.
Portland, OR 97219
With two locations in Portland, World Foods has been serving customers since 2004. We provide our customers with both fresh produce, curated beer & wine selection, local meat & seafood, traditional Lebanese cuisine, international groceries and local culinary favorites from the Pacific Northwest.
All activities - from the day to day operations to the strategic growth of the business – are geared to support our principles.
Hospitality and Warmth
We want to do more than just provide a wide product selection and delicious food – we want to enrich our customer’s lives with customer service that demonstrates genuine warmth and hospitality. By engaging with our customers on a personal level, we elevate ourselves above being ‘just a business’ to being a cornerstone of the community we’re in.
Unique and Inspired Selections
From staples to local favorites to international specialty items, the products available at each grocery store location must consistently demonstrate our knowledge of local trends and show deference to international culinary favorites.
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR GROCERY CLERK:
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Be compensated based on your experience and value.
- Receive a 20% discount at both World Foods locations.
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Have employees and a supervisor who care about their job and will provide the support and training needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As one of our Grocery Clerks, you will be responsible ensuring that our customers provided consistently strong customer service.
- Ability to Learn Quickly: You are able to learn new processes and procedures quickly and consistently apply learned knowledge.
- Ability to Adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business and you adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Ability to Be Precise: Your detail oriented approach allows you to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Proactive Approach: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Effective Multi-Tasker: You are able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Customer Service Expert: You are aware of, and go out of your way to help, customers.
- Team Player: You are able to work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Critical Thinker: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Effective Communicator: You are able to write, speak, and understand English.
- Appropriate Experience: You have at least one year of experience in a similar environment and in a similar role.
- Appropriate Education: You have at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Assist customers by providing information, answer questions, and resolving their complaints.
- Greet all customers, guests, and visitors who enter the store.
- Stock and face shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, replenishing merchandise and participating in receiving and monitoring floor stock as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Respond to all spills or breakage of merchandise in the market.
- Sustain concentration and focus in a busy environment.
- Possess a valid Food Handlers card.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Use full range of motion to and utilize fine motor skills.
- Pick up, carry, hold, and deliver items of up to 30 pounds.
- Use direct, peripheral, near, and far vision.
- Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of sounds.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.