World Foods (Barbur Location) - Produce Clerk
9845 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219
With two locations in Portland, World Foods has been serving customers since 2004. We provide our customers with both fresh produce, curated beer & wine selection, local meat & seafood, traditional Lebanese cuisine, international groceries and local culinary favorites from the Pacific North West.
All activities - from the day to day operations to the strategic growth of the business – are geared to support our principles.
Hospitality and Warmth
We want to do more than just provide a wide product selection and delicious food – we want to enrich our customer’s lives with customer service that demonstrates genuine warmth and hospitality. By engaging with our customers on a personal level, we elevate ourselves above being ‘just a business’ to being a cornerstone of the community we’re in.
Unique and Inspired Selections
From staples to local favorites to international specialty items, the products available at each grocery store location must consistently demonstrate our knowledge of local trends and show deference to international culinary favorites.
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR PRODUCE CLERK:
- Work in an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Be able to positively impact the lives of our customers by providing them with information on healthy food choices that also taste delicious.
- Work with a supervisor who is as passionate about quality produce as you are!
- Be eligible to enroll in affordable medical and dental insurance the first day after 60 days of employment.
- Immediately start accruing paid time off that can be used the first day after 90 days of employment.
- Receive compensation that is commensurate with your experience and the current job market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As the Produce Clerk, you will be responsible for fulfilling the following job responsibilities:
- Relevant Professional Experience: While we understand that the amount of time spent in a similar role may not be a perfect indicator of ability, we require that all applicants have a minimum of six months’ experience.
- Team Player: You are able to work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Unquestionable Dependability: Maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately. This also means you’re able to work a varying schedule and communicate schedule changes with appropriate advance notice.
- Strong People Skills: You absorb and process what you hear and see quickly and communicate relevant information in a manner that is readily understood by the intended audience.
- Detail-Oriented Strategist: You’re able to focus on the minutiae while still keeping a strategic mindset.
- Strong Eye for Aesthetics: You know how to beautify produce displays in a way that maximizes shelf space and enhances sales.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Change Management Genius: Though you’re able to see the quickest way to solve a problem, you also understand that change takes time and you exhibit an appropriate level of patience when working to resolve a particular challenge.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Desired Hours Available: 2pm - 10pm
- Work with supervisor to ensure product needs are documented and ordered.
- Receive product deliveries, and partner with Produce Manager to ensure that the order and invoice are accurate.
- Remove and appropriately log produce that does not meet World Foods standards.
- Merchandise the produce to ensure it is presented in a visually appealing way to boost sales.
- Assist in maintaining back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Adhere to all guidelines around product recommendation and information, and adhere to quality standards as outlined by supervisor.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use fine motor skills to grasp, move, and life items of up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, step up and down stairs, and climb.
- Be able to recognize and respond to a variety of sounds.
- See at near and far distances.