World Foods (Barbur Location) - Meat & Seafood Clerk
9845 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219
Since 2004, locally owned World Foods has provided our community with the best selection of international foods, local favorites, fresh produce, meat and seafood, Lebanese specialties and those from the Pacific Northwest.
OUR CORE VALUES
WORKING FOR WORLD FOODS MEANS YOU WILL:
- Integrity: We do what’s right for our customers, each other, and our business.
- Hospitality: We take pride in providing our customers with a warm and hospitable environment.
- Commitment: We are committed to supporting one another and adapting to business needs.
- Good Food: Our love of food is what makes us excited to go to work every day.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR MEAT & SEAFOOD CLERK:
- Have the option to enroll in affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Be compensated based on your experience and value.
- Receive a 20% discount at both World Foods locations.
- Work an environment where our employees and life-long customers are dedicated to the success of the store.
- Experience what it is like to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Experience: At least 6 months job experience. Similar role preferred.
- Ability to Learn Quickly: You learn new processes and procedures quickly and apply that knowledge in a way that supports business needs.
- Ability to Adapt: You appropriately view change as a necessary function of a growing business and adapt your work and communication style to best fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- Detail Oriented: You are precise in your work and are able to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Dependability: You come to work prepared and on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Proactive: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- Multi-Tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- People Skills: You absorb and process what you hear and see quickly and communicate relevant information in a manner that is readily understood by the intended audience.
- Customer Service Skills: You are able to work with a diverse group of customers in a way that engenders repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Culinary Skills: You passionate about food and take food preparation and creation seriously.
- Critical Thinking Skills: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English.
- Collaboratively work with co-workers to keep meat and seafood cases well stocked and organized in a manner that is visually pleasing.
- Ensure proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Assist all customers with special requests and answer questions about our meat products and services.
- Ensure all chilled foods are kept out of the danger zone by minimizing the amount of time product is out of refrigeration.
- Prepare, wrap, weigh, price, and merchandise department's products, using appropriate equipment as necessary.
- Follow established cleaning and sanitizing practices as outlined by the Meat and Seafood Manager, including using proper safety equipment when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Assist in ensuring department is country of origin (COOL) compliant.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Food Handlers’ card.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Use fine motor skills to grasp, move, and life items of up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, step up and down stairs, and climb
- Be able to recognize and respond to a variety of sounds.
- See at near and far distances.