InRoads Credit Union - Accounting Specialist
InRoads Credit Union is seeking a diligent, and knowledgeable full time Accounting Specialist to join our team in St Helens, Oregon. This position comes with a full benefit package including a matching 401k.
At the heart of every InRoads Credit Union position is a relationship built between you and the members you serve. Transparency, acceptance of individuality, confidence and strong communication skills are necessary. You understand that members trust and rely on your assistance daily. Your goal is to exceed the members expectations in everything you do.
As an Accounting Specialist, this person will assist in computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete, including the performance of Billing, Accounts Payable, and/or General Ledger activities. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Interact with internal and external customers or vendors to gather information, resolve conflicts, and complete work on schedule. Conduct analyses and generate reports routinely and upon request for various stakeholders ensuring the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions.
A successful Accounting Specialist should be equipped to perform the following:
- Maintain vendors on the Accounts Payable module
- Maintain proper W9 file
- Process Accounts Payable, maintain records, and obtain approvals from proper department leads
- Assist with pulling daily reports needed for reconciliation of all accounts
- Maintain assigned GL accounts
- Shared responsibility to process incoming and outgoing wire transfers for both domestic and foreign wires
- Shared responsibility to process foreign currency and foreign check items
- Communicate with external and internal members regarding transactions related to wire transfers and foreign wires
- Shared responsibility of calculating and maintaining daily cash needs
- Shared responsibility of transferring funds between Credit Union’s Financial Institutions
- Back up importing and posting daily core file to accounting software
- Shared responsibility for ordering all cash weekly from Federal reserve
- Remit back up withholding weekly to State and Federal agencies
- Daily reconciliation of cleared Cashier’s checks
- Daily reconciliation of Credit Union clearing accounts
- Balancing of Participation Loans
- Updating and Maintaining spreadsheet for Public Funds
- Demonstrate and understanding of and adhere to the requirements of all federal, state and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the Office of Foreign Control (OFAC), and Expedited Funds Availability and Collection of Checks (Reg CC) as it specifically relates to the job
InRoads Credit Union is an Oregon-based not-for-profit financial institution. At InRoads, we are that trusted resource for our members and communities. We’re here to deliver the financial expertise our members want and need, from affordable loans and financial resources, to money saving advice and planning. When our members succeed, so does the credit union. Our employees are a vital part of that success. Transparency, celebration of individuality, confidence, the ability to work with members to achieve their financial goals and dreams, and strong communication skills are necessary for any successful candidate.
Together we are InRoads Credit Union.
If you feel a connection to our credit union after reading a little about the position and our organization, and you meet minimum qualifications, submit your employment information (letter of interest, resume and application) as soon as possible. This position will remain posted until filled.
InRoads is an equal employment opportunity employer.