A builder of choice in Portland, Oregon since 1984, Renaissance Homes specializes in building luxury homes in Urban and Suburban areas. Our company also provide design build construction services for customers who own their land. Innovation is at the heart of every home built by Renaissance. We push the envelope on home design, construction techniques, amenities, style and new products. Renaissance’s is the proud winner of 54 Street of Dreams awards, including 9 Best of Show. Our team dynamically pursues excellence, as we believe there is no finish line. We respect and nurture our team and empower each individual to optimize his or her energies, skills and talents.
Renaissance Homes is looking for an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Design to join their team. As the Administrative Assistant, this individual will provide direct support and service to the Director of Design and Associate Designers and assist with the operation of the Design Studio. This role will also be assisting with client and vendor communication, documentation and upkeep of all home and buyer selections, creating of change orders, correspondence, spreadsheets, special projects, maintains filing system, provides general office support and helps with Design Studio upkeep.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
- Coordinate Design Appointments in Design Studio confirming all via phone and/or email.
- Set up and maintain files
- Assist Designers in documentation of design appointments.
- Input all customer selections into Mark System data base for processing.
- Maintain constant flow of information and documentation including Mark System and distribution of paperwork to all necessary departments
- Keep design studio picked up, clean and orderly and preforming sanitation steps after each visitor.
- Maintain condition of showroom by ensuring that cleaning services have been performed to a satisfactory level and providing in-between cleaning whenever necessary
- Create and maintain product manuals and sample libraries in studio
- Communication with Renaissance superintendents and in-house sales agents on an as needed basis.
- Assist Director of Design in documenting all policies and procedures.
- Run errands including to Renaissance Spec homes and vendor offices (if needed).
- Special projects as needed including assistance with occasional weekend tradeshows, open houses or other promotional events.
- General administration duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Profile
The individual in this position is expected to possess the following professional traits.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration, office role, and showroom/studio-related experience
- High attention to detail and ability to type and enter data accurately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organization skills
- Must possess great people skills
- Knowledge of interior design and understanding of floor plans
- Understanding of color trends and finished material application will be a valuable asset
- Ability to build rapport with clients, brokers, vendors, and team members.
- Must work well under time and deadline pressures
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft suite and [other software, if any].
- Must be dependable and prompt
Physical and Sensory Capability Requirements
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pounds).
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Successful employment requires passing pre-employment background check.
- Medical and Dental coverage offered and paid at 100% for employee only, options for dependent coverage at employee’s expense
- Generous Paid Time off and paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) offered for health and dependent care expenses
- Employer paid employee Life Insurance and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Plan offered