Activity Connection is looking for a Print Services Assistant to join their team. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing print services division for a business that is thriving. We need your help to keep up with volume. The ideal applicant for this position is an experienced print operator, a self-starter who pays attention to details, working well in both self-managed and team environments. Key qualities include an emphasis on multi-tasking, communication, and attention to detail, a focus on quality.
The Print Services Assistant will work 40 hours per week (full time) at the Portland office and will be responsible for producing high quality, consistent print products in a quick turnaround environment. At times throughout each month, print order volume may spike creating the need for the on-call availability we would like this position to be able to support. There will also be regularly scheduled hours requiring in-person work in our print shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Print Services Digital Press Operator
- Print and ship orders
- Process orders
- Operate Konica Minolta digital presses via Fiery Command Workstation
- Operate Roland VG-540 large format printer via Versaworks 6
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Monitor press output and maintain quality during press runs
- Adhere to tight production schedule
- Assemble print and product orders for shipping
- Trim and package large format prints
- Properly package print orders according to a specific method
- Utilize ShipStation via a Windows 10 PC to prepare shipments for USPS pickup
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience operating digital printing equipment including basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Strong PC skills (knowledge of, or capacity to, learn Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Word software preferred but not required)
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Active problem solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Comfort operating self-managed
- Comfort and confidence when interacting with clients/customers
- Possess a friendly, positive attitude with customers, employees and vendors
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to lift 10-30 lbs consistently
- Standing required
- Knowledge and understanding of media and paper stock helpful
- Activity Connection requires all full-time employees be vaccinated to support the fight against COVID-19.
About Activity Connection
Activity Connection, founded in 1999, is the industry leading online resource for activity and life enrichment professionals working in senior living communities. Our subscription-based website provides ready-to-go activities including instruction materials, discussion guides, games, travelogues, craft guides, puzzles, exercise programs, calendars, newsletters, and more, as well as online support and access to certifications. Activity Connection is the leader in its field, reaching over 1 million senior citizens in the United States and Canada. While we are headquartered in Portland, Oregon, our founders, partners, staff, and freelance contributors are located throughout the United States.
$16.00-$20.00 per hour
Activity Connection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Requires passing pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.