This position is classified as full-time, non-exempt, and reports to the Chief Information Officer.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for daily accounting functions and backup payroll functions. They will compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete, including the performance of Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Payroll activities. They will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Interact with internal and external customers or vendors to gather information, resolve conflicts, and complete work on schedule. The Accounting Clerk will work with the Chief Information Officer to conduct analyses and generate reports routinely and upon request for various stakeholders ensuring the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions. This position is located on-site in Tillamook, Oregon.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties and Responsibilities
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete, including the performance of Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Payroll activities
- Operate computers and software applications to post and store data according to established accounting procedures.
- Assist clients, departments, employees, and organizational leaders by providing fiscal information, explaining procedures, and answering basic and moderately complex accounting questions.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Match order forms with invoices, verify accuracy, and ensure proper account and project coding.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Perform 10-key calculations and data entry to a variety of computer systems.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Determine routine priorities and special prioritization needs for work activities, checking in with supervisory staff as needed to resolve competing priorities.
- Maintain recordkeeping and files for accounts, answer telephones, and handle routine correspondence.
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties including typing, filing, answering phones, daily pick up of the mail from the post office, sorting mail, or other similar duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Act as the primary point of contact for employee and tenant requests, safety concerns, and questions.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with office services vendors
- Other duties as assigned
The individual in this position is expected to possess the following professional traits.
- 3-5 years of payroll and accounting experience
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
- Proficiency in oral and written English; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task; and must be able to remain calm, professional, and focused in meeting multiple deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software.
- Well organized and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not burden the company are available to address the following requirements.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift, carry, and place items of up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to maintain sustained concentration on computer screens; use keyboards and a variety of peripherals.